Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Today's Reading

Intro to the Restoration and Early 18th Century: Norton Anthology of English Literature
Author bios: John Locke; Samuel Butler; Samuel Pepys
Works: "Hudibras," Samuel Butler; "The Epistle to the Reader," from An Essay Concerning Human Understanding," John Locke; a little bit of the diary of Samuel Pepys

The Economist - Just flipped through this one. The aging workforce cover story is somewhat applicable to my job.

Works I avoided: "Absalom & Achitophel," John Dryden. It's one of my longstanding nemeses, though none is greater than Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, and *I* am the nerd? Hrm!

3:19 PM  
Blogger turalura said...

You're a nerd of a different stripe.

I don't deny my own nerdiness.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home