Monday, November 28, 2005

Two worrisome habits and a new hope

New habits for an old year:

1) My newfound intense love of the world's bazillionth hospital drama, Gray's Anatomy. I thought that doctors couldn't get any cuter than Noah Wyle. I was wrong. Hello, Patrick Dempsey.

2) My frequent and earnest use of "dang." That, and "holy moley." I didn't even realize I was doing this until Thanksgiving, when my grandma was telling me about the latest nursing home drama and my conversational interjections consisted of the above and "Oh, jeez." At first I thought that I was just cleaning up my act for grandma's sake, but then I realized that I am saying these all the time.

My last hope for redemption:

On the upside of my new swear-free lifestyle: as soon as I master the vagaries of cooking with cream soups and Jell-o, I'm ready to be married off to an upstanding young man of faith, preferably of midwestern origin.

One caveat, buck-o: the birth control's coming with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home