Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The French Press



Lucky for you, the title of this post refers to my coffee maker and not a randy new sexual position, a la Cosmopolitan's infamous sex tip articles: "28 Moves to Make Him Totally Have a Big Orgasm," or "13 New Manly Moan Zones You Should Know About!" Reading Cosmo in my teens meant I was ever-so-prematurely in the know about how best to use scrunchie as a cock ring and how exactly the Reverse Cowgirl in the Pike Position with a Triple Salchow and a Twist will Blow My Man's Mind.

Not that a lonely nerd in the middle of nowhere needed such advice.

No, my post today is really about my lovely old Bodum French press, which has just come out of retirement. When Manfriend and I implemented our new Frugality Plan, I worried that I would have to wean myself from the caffeinated teat. Que lastima!

Fortunately, frugality is relative, so purchasing good beans and making my own coffee, while a little costly, will still be cheaper than buying a fresh cup every morning. Viva el cafe!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

I like the labels for this post. And as for the French press, I am enamored with mine (well, it's actually Mom's, but you know what I mean). Totally beats drip coffee.

And yes...someday I'm sure they will get creative with the Googling; hopefully they will just be impressed with our mad writing skeelz.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

P.S. I am currently scanning our "Miracle of Birth" booklet. Hot damn, this thing amuses me.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home