Thursday, August 24, 2006

Overheard in Evanston

Scene: Davis stop on the Purple Line. About 100 commuters throng the platform, wondering why the train is so goddamn late. Suddenly, a conversation begins between two homely twentysomethings in front of me, and the sheer earnestness of their discussion nearly makes my head explode:

Polo Shirt Guy: So, yeah, all my friends got tickets to the Hootie show, but I had to work.
Nasally Girl: Really?
Polo Shirt Guy: Yeah, and then my boss got VIP tickets to the after party.
Nasally Girl: Wow!
Polo Shirt Guy: And they all came into work the next day with all these pictures they took with Hootie, and I'm like, "Thanks for rubbing it in, guys!"
Nasally Girl: Wow, that sucks!

In other news, I think my ass has permanently fused to this chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home