Thursday, August 10, 2006

The computer is drunk.

Yesterday after work, Manfriend came by my office and we hied ourselves to a nice dinner with his friend, Le Critic, before the two of them saw Tom Waits at the Auditorium Theatre. Being the nice girlfriend that I am, I offered to switch backpacks with Manfriend so that he wouldn't have to deal with getting his laptop, etc. past venue security. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my keys out of my bag. Durr. That's right, locked out of me own apartment for oh, the next four hours. Sigh. So, I walked over to a friend's apartment and drank the sangria that was leftover from her party last weekend and fell asleep while she wrote a paper. This morning, I wrote to her about the rest of my evening:
after we left your place last night, i was all "let's get a cab," but manfriend, like a slavedriver, made me walk home. trail of tears 2006, i tell you. when we got home, i managed to brush my teeth and remove my mascara before passing out. i think our alarm clocks got switched, because now mine has a 4-minute snooze, which sucks! my old clock had an 8-minute snooze, which was just right. r doesn't even use the snooze, so i'm switching them back. 4-minute snooze makes me feel like i'm hallucinating.

Surprisingly, I'm not in bad shape today. I thank Pellegrino (posh!) and Kashi cereals for my miraculous recovery. Fizzy water is the wave of the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home